Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Date Night

Last night my husband and I went on a date. My parents nicely babysat so that we could go out and enjoy a meal together. We decided to go out early for two reasons: first to beat rush hour traffic and secondly because Eirik gets fussy at night. Leaving was the hardest part because when we first tried to leave he was awake and fussing. There is NO way I could leave him like that... not happening. thankfully calming him down wasn't difficult so when I left he was drifting off to sleep.

My husband and I went to a mexican restaurant we'd never eaten at that wasn't too far away. It wasn't fancy by any means, but it was just the two of us. It felt odd being out without him. I'd been out without him, but thats because I had to for a job interview. But this, this was voluntary! I have to say it did take me quite a while to relax and not worry. I must have checked my phone at least every 10 minutes just to make sure I hadn't missed any calls. The entire drive there in fact I had images of him sitting at home wailing. However once we got to the restaurant and sat down I did relax a bit. The funny part is the entire time we were out we only talked about Eirik. Not intentionally of course... but go figure we were surrounded by kids of various ages! Every table had a child under the age of 3. This of course led us to talk about Eirik! And while I did enjoy being out with my husband, I missed Eirik. But I do admit, it was good for us to get out. By the end of the night while I missed him I wasn't freaking out about how he was doing and my husband and I really got to reconnect with each other in a way we haven't been able to since he was born. And I got home to find a happy baby who was happily playing with my parents.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you and your DH got a chance to reconnect...so important =)

    ReplyDelete