Monday, May 10, 2010

6 weeks!

How did my little man get to be 6 weeks already?! I can't believe he's been here for that long already... or how much he's changed! I feel like every day he changes in front of my eyes. Some mornings I wake up and swear he grew overnight.

He's really becoming much more vocal... making all sorts of noises! Mostly its Oos and Coos but yesterday we got a daa sound out of him as well. It also comes in longer spurts now. Before it was a random coo here or there, but now he's having whole conversations! Well, sort of. ;) I'm trying to capture one of them on camera because its just too adorable listening to those little noises! He also has huge big grins and smiles, mostly for his daddy. Yesterday I was holding him while we were finishing dinner and he only had eyes for daddy, none for me! Finally I gave in and just handed him over. This morning however I went upstairs after hearing him awake and the second he saw me his eyes lit up and I got a huge smile. It just made my entire day!! The other thing he does now is when he cries sometimes he'll start, stop, wait and see if something happens, and then start again.

I also realized that today marks the half way point of my maternity leave. Now I am just getting closer to having to go back to work, which depresses me. I know he changes so much some days!

Tomorrow is my 6 week post partum visit to the midwife. I'm assuming i'll get the OK to resume normal activities so I can FINALLY get back to exercise! Tomorrow is also the first date night my husband and I have had in 6 weeks! My parents are still here and have graciously offered to babysit tomorrow night! I am excited and anxious all at the same time. Its going to be so weird going out without him!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 6 weeks already! It sounds like he has so many new skills =) Enjoy your date night tomorrow, it's so important to get that time with your DH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, 6 weeks already? Wow
    I hope that you have a fantastic date night :) Try and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete