Sunday, May 23, 2010

Quickly Growing Boy...

Tomorrow Eirik will be 8 weeks and this week we officially began putting him in 6 - 9 month clothes! I keep looking at these outfits thinking "Those are huge!" and then I get it on him and go "Okay, so its not so huge after all". I know that the fact he has that lovely cloth diaper butt makes him need things a little bit bigger... but 6 - 9 months already?! I'm really hoping that this massive growth will slowly taper off and maybe i'll get more then a few weeks of wear out of his adorable baby clothes. Once you hit a certain age, especially in boy clothes, the outfits go from adorable to just sort of meh. When they are younger you can get all sorts of cute "baby" designs but then it becomes more plain colored shirts and LOTS of sports themes. Not that I am anti sports, but neither I nor my husband are really sports people. Neither of us played sports or watch them therefore I lean towards buying him things with animals, dinosaurs, monsters, etc.

I've been a lot better about doing tummy time with him, even though he's not very fond of it. He's gotten a lot better about holding his head up instead of sitting there grunting at me going "please turn me over now!" Thankfully he doesn't scream while doing it... I know some babies do! We also pulled out the bumbo and he's been sort of enjoying sitting in that. I say sort of because some days he'll tolerate it and other days he doesn't! He really started to grab at things the other day. I wouldn't say he can quite hold things by any stretch of the imagination, but he's starting to try and scoop things with his hands and bring them close. His favorite toy at the moment is this soft dog rattle/blanket and he LOVES to start at it and touch it. I can't blame him... i'd love to have a blanket made out of that material!

Tomorrow we are going out on an adventure to visit my coworkers! Should be interesting. =)

IMG_1963

Trying to lift his head up!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute picture! You can see the determination in his eyes! Hope you have a fun trip to see your coworkers tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he is growing! Such a cute picture =) Hope you have a great outing to see your coworkers.

    ReplyDelete