Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sleep is Overrated

Who needs sleep? That's my new motto! I'm going to learn how to live off very little sleep. Last night was another rough one with the longest stretch of sleep being about 2 hours... most of the time it was about an hour. I'm guessing that Eirik must be having a growth spurt so hopefully we'll go back to our somewhat more normal routine of 3 or so hours. Oh how I am looking forward to it! Until then its lots of coffee earlier in the day and attempting to go to bed early. Why don't I sleep while he naps you say? That's because by the time I fall asleep he's awake again!

Today I decided to pull the jumparoo out of the basement just to see what he thought of it and he loved it! Well, for about 20 minutes... but that's about his average attention span. =) He really loves the one part of it that has a ball he can turn and the swinging objects caught his attention but the one spinning ball with a sun in the middle made him angry because he couldn't reach it.

We have been doing tummy time at least twice a day now and I have to say his head control is getting so much better! Today he actually got his head up to a 90 degree angle and pushed up on his arms! I was shocked! He only managed to hold this pose for about 5 seconds. He's also really showing interest in trying to move when he is on his stomach. I have a really strong feeling he's going to start crawling before I can blink. I don't think he knows what he's doing, but he kicks his legs which pushes him forward a bit... its only a matter of time before he figures it all out.

Tomorrow is beach time! I'm excited! And now, a few pictures!


Jumping!
IMG_2174

Holding his head up!
IMG_2123

Big smiles for daddy
IMG_2086

3 comments:

  1. Those cheeks are getting so cute and chubby! I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about not getting much sleep. Hope you are able to rest at the beach today! Sounds like a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to the lack of sleep =) Hope he is through his spurt soon and you get some good stretches in there!

    ReplyDelete