Friday, May 21, 2010

Operation Get Rid Of Baby Weight: Week One

I told myself I wouldn't worry about baby weight for at least 6 weeks... and then I also told myself I wouldn't worry about baby weight till my parents left. I knew with them here my eating habits may not be great thanks to all the amazing chocolate they bring with them. But, with my parents gone and my excuses drying up its time to really focus on getting this weight off.

Last Friday I rejoined weight watchers. I joined my junior year of college and lost about 50lbs so I know the program and I know it works. Last Friday i diligently weighed in at 195.4. I was a little depressed because I've been sort of stuck at that weight for a while. My goal? 170. I'd LOVE to get down to 160 again, but we'll see. When I graduated from college and was exercising every day and eating great I was at 155, but i'm not going to be that optimistic. I know with work, school, and Eirik my time for exercise will be more limited. My prebaby weight was 180 thanks to the stress of trying to get pregnant... so not only am I trying to get off the baby weight I am trying to get off the stress weight too.

So, week one of being very strict about tracking what I eat and I am down 2.5lbs! Wahoo! I know that the first weeks you loose more and then it slows down, and when breastfeeding its only supposed to be 1lb a week... so i'm in for a long road. But, today was a step in the right direction. Today I also FINALLY got some exercise in! The conclusion is I am VERY out of shape. For my birthday i got the EA active for the Wii. I did the low intensity routine for 15 minutes and got my butt kicked! But, if I keep doing it i'll get there. Next week my goal is to get to the gym and get on the elliptical! 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on doing so well your first week!! That is a great start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for getting back on track. I will caution, however, not to cut your calories that much (as much as we want to). You are actually supposed to take in as many as if you are pregnant due to the breastfeeding. But, the good news in that BFing burns 20 calories per ounce, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weight watchers actually calculates points for breastfeeding mothers so i get enough points to compensate for breastfeeding. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Thats so great! Good for WW! Hmmm, maybe I need to look into that too. Stupid Baby weight. Worth it though!

    ReplyDelete