Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Best Advice...

If you thought all the comments and advice while pregnant was bad, wait till you have a baby. It gets worse. It seems like the second anyone sees me and sees the baby advice comes spilling out of their mouthes. Some people I know mean well but others I just end up smiling, nodding, and putting the advice right out of my head. Everything from what diapers to buy (all babies are different, try an assortment of brands/kinds), how long to breastfeed, if you should breastfeed, what to eat while breastfeeding, what clothes to buy, how often to give them a bath, how to get them to sleep through the night, EVERYTHING. There is however one great piece of advice I was given by a coworker which I will now pass on.

Every morning have a shower.

Seriously, it sounds crazy, but after a long sleepless night with a fussy baby it feels AMAZING to just simply close the door and stand in a warm shower. You come out feeling refreshed, happy, and ready to face another long day (and probably night to). Its part of my morning routine now to hand my husband the baby and give myself that 10 minutes of alone time to just refresh myself. In fact, I am now off to do just that. =)

1 comment:

  1. I will remember that advice! Good for you for learning to smile, nod and ignore most of the rest =)

    ReplyDelete