Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mobility!

Well, sort of. =) Eirik has discovered he can move himself around on his back by pushing with his feet! We have all hardwood floors so when we do tummy time I put him on a blanket and then once he gets his feet onto the hard wood away he goes! I don't know if he quite realizes he's moving himself or doing it intentionally, its most likely he's just kicking away and the moving is a side effect. It does however mean i'm going to have to keep a much closer eye on him! This morning in his cosleeper he was scooting all over the place! I'm sure that hes going to be rolling over VERY soon. I thought he may actually do it last night, but nope.

Today I am planning on going to the gym! I am nervous and excited at the same time. I have a feeling its going to be a very slow paced almost pathetic workout, but I know it will feel good to get myself back in there again. I am not a huge lover of exercise, but I know how great it makes me feel. I know i'll have more energy and will sleep better... two things I could really use right about now!

Currently we are having another heat wave... 90 degree weather in Maryland this time of year is not normal! I know that June is quickly approaching and with it summer... but usually this kind of heat shows up in July and August! I fear we are going to have a long, hot, nasty summer and I don't have central air!

This weekend Eirik is making his first visit to the beach. I'm so excited. =)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, he's getting impressivly skilled =) GL at the gym today...not matter how slow the work out it's awesome that you're back at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I like the little wiggle worm mobility! :) And good for you for even contemplating the gym at this point.

    Have fun at the beach!

    ReplyDelete