Monday, May 31, 2010

Fun At The Beach!

Yesterday I spent a nice relaxing day at the beach! I was a little worried at first because the weather forecast said it was going to be almost 90! Yipes!! The beach that we were going too was an hour and a half away too so I was worried I would get there, it would be too hot for Eirik, and then we would have to leave again. Thankfully this wasn't the case. The beach is a privet beach in Calvert County where the Calvert Cliffs are and there was a ton of bamboo growing so the beach was actually quite shaded! I also had a large beach umbrella to keep the sun of Eirik and I. I have to say that later in the afternoon it was almost a little cool!

We got there about 11:30 and got ourselves set up. Everyone else went in the water, but I just relaxed on the beach. I had Eirik and a book, so its not like I was bored! We had a picnic lunch and then later in the day we did a small birthday cake for one of my friends whose birthday is coming up soon. Eirik thought it was great! He was so fascinated by all the sights and sounds. He put his feet in the sand and the water! Unforunatley he thought it was so interesting he refused to sleep... so by 4 I knew it was time for us to start heading home. I have to say while he was very grumpy and overtired last night I was rewarded with a 4 1/2 hour stretch of sleep... in his cosleeper! A first!

So much to look at!!
IMG_2240

Us relaxing by the water!
IMG_2252

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pics!!! So happy you guys had a nice day at the beach =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that you had a fun day at the beach! And yeah for sleep time! And Eirik looks so adorable in his outfit chilling at the beach!!

    ReplyDelete