Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hot Hot Hot!

So Maryland weather is strange... some years this time of year is cold and chilly and other years its scorching hot. Guess what kind of year this one is? Yep, hot. The past month temperatures have been about 10 degrees above average. Needless to say I am spending my days downstairs running the window A/C! The worst part is there doesn't seem to be an end in sight! The weather forecast for the next week says its going to be about 90 with scatter thunderstorms. This is the kind of weather we usually have in July! Even at night we aren't getting much of a break. Its not quite hot enough to need to sleep downstairs, but its not cool by any stretch of the imagination!

Eirik has really discovered his voice the past few days. He makes all sorts of vocalizations... including yelling. Yep, now when he gets frustrated he yells at me instead of just crying. Even his crying has lost that newborn wail to it! He also has discovered squealing, which he has done a few times followed by a large grin. He just thinks its the funniest thing in the world! Currently when he gets up about 6:30 or 7 to eat instead of going back to sleep he has an hour of being very chatty... he coos and grins and talks and talks! At first I thought it was a fluke, but its becoming a morning ritual!

Coming up this week, more cloth diaper reviews! I've been holding off because I've got a ton of new diapers that I've been trying out. Also, based on an earlier suggestion, I'll be taking pictures of Eirik modeling the diapers!  Stay tuned!

IMG_2273

3 comments:

  1. Such a cutie-pie! Look forward to hearing the diaper review. Hope the hot weather gives you a break sometime SOON =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - what a cute pic.

    By the way, tell me about the heat!?!?! Geesh - being 30 weeks pregnant in this heat SUCKS! No wonder I'm swollen and retaining water like a walrus. Fun times.

    Stay indoors at all costs - that's now my motto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable picture!!

    I am sorry it is so hot for you.... hope you are able to stay cool!!

    ReplyDelete