Monday, June 28, 2010

I just can't get the hang of Mondays...

I know there is some movie or TV show that has a good one liner about Monday's but i can't remember what it is off the top of my head. Its something along the lines of "i never could get the hang of Mondays". Well, that's about how I feel right now.

It started off bad with last night the low temperature being 83F. We have NO AC upstairs which meant a night asleep on the sofa. The problem with this is that I have to get up to get Eirik, take him upstairs to change him, then bring him back downstairs. In hindsight I should just have bought the diapers downstairs... but did I think of that? Nope! He wakes up at midnight and I change him. Then about 3 he wakes up again, eats, and poops so thats another change. So we make it till about 4 when he wakes up... wet. Yep, wet. The swing is wet too so now we have to go back upstairs and sleep in the still oppressive heat because the swing cover has to be washed.  He wakes up again at 5... wet again. At this point I want to scream as I spent all day Sunday stripping my diapers so we would stop having leakage issues! At this point I get him back to sleep just as my alarm is about to go off... so much for a restful nights sleep!

The rest of the morning goes okay. I was running a smidge behind because I put dinner in the crock pot, but not too late. Work today was pretty light so I was looking forward to leaving work on time, getting Eirk, and getting home at a decent time. But, as I said, Mondays and I just aren't getting along.

At 3pm I sit down to pump and my husband calls. I answer to "I have a situation here". Of course I instantly think something is wrong with Eirik. No... he is broken down on the side of 95! He was on his way to drop Eirik off at my friend's house and his car died. So I quickly call my friend and beg her to go pick my son up from my husband... its in the 90s again today and he's stuck in a car on the side of 95 with no AC! Then I call my husband back with the AAA info so he can call a toe truck... then I realize the cost to toe the car to our mechanic will be outrageous so I call my friend again to get the number of a closer one. So I met my husband on the side of 95 while we waited for a toe truck and my friend took Eirik to Ikea (gotta admit i'm a smidge jealous... i love Ikea!). Finally the toe truck showed up and we dropped the car off. They were closed so we just had to leave the car and call them and explain the situation. So, I guess tomorrow we find out just what is wrong with the car.

So by the time we got back to pick up Eirik, fed him, and got home it was almost 7. So much for getting home early and having a semi relaxing evening! I am now completely frazzled and exhausted and hot. Can it be Friday again already?

3 comments:

  1. UGH! That sounds like a horrible Monday =( Hope you get a good night sleep and Tuesday is much improved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I just typed out this long comment and blogger ate it!

    I'm so sorry you had such a crappy day! Wow, I can imagine how panicked you were with that horrible heat yesterday and worrying about your little guy being stranded with your DH on the side of the road on 1-95. I wish I lived closer to B-more ... I would have been happy to come help out :)
    Here's to hoping your Tuesday is waaayyy better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you had such a difficult day on Monday! Hope today was better for you!!

    ReplyDelete