Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Good, The bad, and the meh

So now Eirik is almost 11 weeks old (how the heck did that happen!?) I've had some time to reflect on baby products. Some things I have found to be amazing while other things I have hardly used at all! I thought today I'd do a really quick list of things I love, things I hate, and things that are okay but I could live without. I know a few of you who read this will be having your little beans soon, so I thought maybe it would be helpful.

The Good:
Cradle swing! Eirik LOVES this. He snoozes in it all the time! I will add here some babies hate swings... just as a heads up
Bouncy Chair - again, he LOVES this. He'll sit in it quite happily while we eat dinner or do something
Piggy Sack - A mei tai soft carrier purchased from Mandy. I LOVE this item! It is easy to take out because it rolls up, you can put it on in minutes, and you can use it from newborn to toddler! Eirik slept in it a lot at first but now he just loves looking at things when I go out! If you're interested you can buy one here: http://www.piggysack.com/
Cosleeper - lifesaver! I can't imagine getting up every 3 hours to go get Eirik out of his crib to feed him. I don't even get out of bed! I roll over, pick him up, feed him, put him back to sleep.
Medela Freestyle Breastpump - since i'm going back to work I shelled out the big bucks on a breast pump... and i LOVE it. Its easy to use and light and portable! And a rechargeable battery!
Bravado Nursing bras - EXCELLENT nursing bras. They are supportive, which I need. Apparently under wires are bad for breastfeeding, so I knew I would have to shell out big bucks on a nursing bra.
Old Navy Nursing Shirts - inexpensive, easy to use, and have a nice little flair so you can hide that post pregnancy jelly belly!
Cloth Diapers - As you can tell from my review, i'm addicted. =) 

The Bad

The Boppy - Yes, some people love their boppy. I hated mine... it never worked right and Eirik was never fond of it either!
Papmpers with Drymax diapers - They leaked EVERYWHERE. Also they are currently being investigated because of bad diaper rashes!
Huggies - Eirik was in these for less then 6 hours and had the worst diaper rash ever!

The Meh

Activity Mat - Yes, this is nice to have. Its got the toys hanging over the top and yes, Eirik enjoys it for a while. But what he enjoys more is me putting a blanket on the ground, laying down with him, and pulling out a few soft toys. Its nice to have, but not essential in my mind.
Toys - Yes, toys are needed. Its nice to give babies things to play with and stare at... however I have discovered they are extremely fickle about what they like and dislike. I have a bunch of books for Eirik and the one he likes the best I picked up for 1.99 on clearance! My thought on toys is buy them used and sparingly. I find Eirik is much more amused by simple things around the house or by funny faces and noises at this point! And people sell toys at yard sales that have hardly been used!

I'll update with more good, bad, and meh as I find things out. For now those, thats what I can think of!

And now a picture of my little man listening to his daddy play the piano. =)
IMG_2529

2 comments:

  1. This list is very handy, thanks for posting it!! I especially got a chuckle out of the 'meh' section. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, thanks for posting! I got a kick out of the pic, does he like his bumbo seat?

    ReplyDelete