Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Just when you think you have it figured out...

They go and change things on you! Suddenly this evening Eirik has decided to not want to eat. A breastfeeding strike? No, not really, because eventually he will eat again... but he acts hungry and then the second I position him to eat its hysterics! He's happy in every other position but not in the eating one. The only thing I can think of is that he really was NOT hungry at all! Maybe what I thought were eating signs were actually just him having teething issues? I have no idea! Maybe its just been one of those days and he's just decided to make things confusing for me!

One thing he has made clear is that wake up time is 6am! Yep, 6... sometimes 6:30. At that point he's wide awake and has no intent of going back to sleep for anything. I have another week and a half until I have to worry about work but he's decided I need to start getting up early again. At least he wakes me up with a smile. I have to say its a very nice way to start your morning because no matter how frustrated I am about the lack of sleep seeing that huge grin reminds me its all worth while.

And lastly, a picture! At night we give Eirik a bath in the kitchen and then we get him all dressed on the counter. I purchased a pineapple on Tuesday and hadn't cut it up yet and it was in his reach so before I realized it he was trying to grab the pineapple! Its texture was most interesting to him. =)

IMG_2477

2 comments:

  1. I'd find a pineapple irristable too =) Could you have eaten something out of the ordinary and he can taste/smell it in your breast milk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering that about eating something because his stomach is upset today too... either its something I ate or he caught a stomach type thing. =(

    ReplyDelete