Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rocking and Rolling!

Tonight my little man went from his tummy to his back all by himself! Honestly I wasn't even trying to coax him to do it at the time he did it so I didn't realize what he'd done until afterward! We were having tummy time and I was encouraging him to hold his head up by talking to him and shaking one of his toys that rattles. His other new thing is he can move his arms in front of the other and attempt to pull his body forward (hardwood floors and a blanket so there's almost no friction!) in a sort of army crawl. He was getting angry and kind of trying to move but not moving and then all of a sudden there he was... on his back again! He looked very surprised and of course didn't repeat the trick for daddy when he got home. Go figure! I kind of thought it was only a matter of time before he rolled over, but I thought he would go front to back. Nope, other way around! He also was full of giggles this morning for me. I can't remember exactly what I was doing, but he thought it was hysterical!

It never ceases to amaze me how much he seems to change almost daily. He's so different then he was just a short 10 1/2 weeks ago when he was born. He's gone from spending his days sleeping and eating to playing and interacting with us. Those smiles and grins just melt your heart! I know, I'm sounding very sappy tonight. I think a large part is the fact that I am trying to come to terms with going back to work so soon. While I am in a way looking forward to seeing my coworkers and getting out of the house I also hate being away from him for so long. Alright, I'm going to stop being a downer now. He's asleep and I'm going to take advantage of that fact by going to bed myself!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, rolling over all by himself...that boy has skills! I can totally understand the sappiness, I feel it every day when I want time to pass slower so Kylie doesn't appear to grow before my eyes =)

    ReplyDelete