Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pool Time!

So if there is one thing I miss about living with my parents is the pool. When I was a kid I LIVED at the pool in the summer. I grew up in an area with tons of really high quality outdoor pools and at any given point in my childhood I was within walking distance of one. I have such fond memories of spending my days swimming. When I was older both my brother and I were on swim team and our Saturday mornings were filled with swim meets. I was not a great swimmer, but it was something I truly enjoyed. Sadly since I now live in a city the public pools are just so so and I can't really afford a privet pool membership. The gym I go to does have a pool, however its taken over by swim practice the times I go... and there is nothing like the outdoor pool. Indoors are nice, but to me the best thing to do in the summer is go swimming!

So when my friend Kelli (some of you know her from TTCYF6+) send me an e-mail this morning saying she was going to be in the area and asking if I wanted to go swimming I jumped at the chance! Sure I haven't worn a bathing suite in years and yea I still have about 10lbs of baby weight to go... but a chance to swim in a pool! So today Eirik and I went to the pool! We met up with Kelli and her son Collin, who is 9 months old. I was a little worried Eirik wouldn't like the water because it was cool, but he loved it! I think he was a little confused and thought of it like a big bath, but he was quite happy to move around in the water. He only started getting fussy because he was tired and then he zonked out and took a short nap while I did a little relaxing in the water. Since he loved the water so much I'm really going to have to find somewhere to take him swimming! I want him to enjoy the water as much as I do!

In other big news Eirik ALMOST rolled over last night! He made it on his side and the only reason he didn't get all the way over is because his hand was in the way. He's so close to doing it though! We'll have to put him down on the ground again tonight and see if he'll make it all the way over. =)

And now, Eirik in the water!

IMG_2532


Napping in the shade
IMG_2538

No comments:

Post a Comment