Monday, June 7, 2010

10 weeks!

10 weeks today! Where does the time go?! 2 more weeks till I must return to work... but enough about those negative thoughts. Lets focus on the positive! One thing I wished someone had told me about babies is they start teething MONTHS before they pop a tooth. Yes, that's right, teething has begun. It started Friday and I put it down to general fussing after getting his shots but by Saturday I was pretty darn sure it was teething. He would yell at me, yes yell, and fuss and gnaw on EVERYTHING. Oh, and the drool! Everywhere! Its not quite enough he needs a bib, but sometimes its close! I did some reading online to find out this is perfectly normal... go figure! He seems a lot calmer today... so maybe he's just going to get little spurts of this. One can only hope... In more amusing developments he is trying to blow raspberries! Its my fault... I've been doing it at him for weeks. I discovered he found weird mouth movements and noises funny so I blow raspberries and make all sorts of other funny noises. Well, I noticed the past few days hes trying to do it back! I say trying because I don't think he can really figure out how to do it... but its amusing to watch!

The weather in Maryland has turned beautiful, at least for a few days. Today it was in the low 80s and tomorrow is supposed to be the same. This is the kind of weather I love! mid 70s to low 80s in the day, low 60s at night. Perfect!

And now, pictures of my little man today!

IMG_2401

While it may not look like it in the photo, this is his FAVORITE toy. He loves it! Whenever we pull it out he gets a huge grin on his face and so far its the one thing he actively grabs for!

IMG_2378

Reading during tummy time! He loves this book!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 10 week milestone Eirik! Although, I'm so sorry mommy has to go back to work in 2 weeks - YUCK!
    Look at that head control :) Impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had NO idea teething starts so early! He looks like such a happy little boy =)

    ReplyDelete