Thursday, June 3, 2010

2 Month Appointment!

Eirik had his 2 month appointment today and I had to miss it. Why? This morning I had a fever of 101.5! I can't remember the last time I had a fever, let alone one that high. It started with a headache and quickly progressed to chills, nausea, the works. Thankfully the drugs helped bring it down, but I felt pretty nasty most of the day. Then this afternoon when I had a shower I noticed that my left breast was bright pink! Now I am a pale and pasty person, but I never turn pink. A quick tour of Dr. Google left me thinking I had mastitis. A trip to the local walk in clinic this evening gave me the same diagnosis. Mastitis. Thankfully its not too painful. The milk must taste a little weird too because Eirik isn't quite as thrilled with that side. He takes it, but you can tell he's not happy. So, I am now on antibiotics for that.

Now onto Eirik's appointment. He now weighs 15.8lbs and his length was 25.5 inches! I don't know what his head was, but my husband told me it was in the 75%... so at least he's normal for one thing! He had 2 shots and one oral vaccination. My husband said he handled the oral vaccination like a pro but was not happy about the needles. Poor little guy... =( He also was prescribed some eye drops for his eyes. His eyes have always been gunky thanks to clogged tear ducts but they are getting worse... so now we are putting drops in his eyes 4 times a day. But, other then that he's doing great. He was perfectly happy this evening and didn't seem any worse for wear from his needle pricks.

So, no pictures today... I was too exhausted and blah feeling to do much. Eirik spent most of the day chilling with daddy while I spend most of the day chilling on the couch watching a movie. I felt so guilty this evening because I didn't even have the strength to play with him really. Hopefully tomorrow i'll feel better!

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you are not feeling well. I hope that the antibiotics help to clear everything up fast! Yeah for a good appt for Eirik!! It sounds like he had some good bonding time with Dad while you were resting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're feeling bad! Hope you and Eirik are both feeling better really soon...

    ReplyDelete