Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One Year Ago...

One year ago I came home from work clutching my plastic bag from Target trying to talk myself in to waiting until the morning. What was the point of doing it now? Hadn't I just been to the bathroom an hour ago? And anyway, it was still really early... only 10 or 11 days maybe. Too early for anything to show up tonight. But... what would it hurt to just take one and see? It'll be negative. There is no way it will be positive! I sat and watched as a line appeared... the control line. But then I watched as a second line appeared and I quickly realized that first line I saw was not the control line... it was a real line. I sat in shock staring going "oh my god" over and over. My husband wasn't home so I quickly tried to call his cell phone and got no answer. He didn't even know I was planning on testing. The only reason I had planned on it was because I kept burping, the only pregnancy symptom I had before. I didn't even think it would come back positive. But, there is no mistaking this:

Test 6-29-09

Never will I forget the rush of emotions... the initial excitement quickly followed by fear. What if it happened again? What if this one didn't make it either? Could I go through the loss and the pain again? I quickly became attached to my little bean, which I was convinced was a girl (boy was I wrong!). I waited eagerly for my husband to get home so I could tell him the good news. I wrapped the test in a box and put a note on it that says "happy late anniversary". He was just as shocked as I was. Both of us were nervous, but excited.

Its hard to imagine its been an entire year already. That moment is so fresh in my mind i feels as if it was yesterday. But no, here I am today, holding my little man, my little miracle. That day is one of the best days of my life. The day I finally got that sticky positive test.

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! Happy BFP anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to believe it has been a year. I am so happy that you can celebrate with your dh and your little guy. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! What a great anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day to celebrate! Hope you smother your little boy with kisses today =)

    ReplyDelete