Saturday, June 5, 2010

Get Rid Of Baby Weight - Week 3!

So we just finished up week 3 of operation get rid of baby weight. I am proud to report that I lost, so I am now down 3.5lbs in 3 weeks! I also went to the gym once last week and did a slightly more intense workout. I tried to push myself up another notch but quickly felt uncomfortable so I went back down to a lower but comfortable intensity. My goal this week is to use the Wii at least once to exercise as well as get to the gym. We'll see how I do. =) I also noticed that my stomach is looking less and less like a deflated balloon! Thanks to how huge Eirik was and how much weight I gained i've still got that saggy stomach appearance, but slowly the skin is tightening back up. I know, its only been 9 weeks, I need to be patient!

I am feeling a lot better today... no more flu like symptoms and my breast isn't anywhere near as red! Its still a little tender when he latches, but not as bad as it was. I read that you should vary nursing positions when you have an infection, so we're going to start experimenting with side laying nursing tonight. I sit up when i nurse Eirik because whenever we tried side laying he never really liked it, but he's getting much better at staying latched on so we're going to try again. If not i'll go back to the football hold... haven't done that one in a while!

We're still in the midst of a heatwave... all I can say is that going out to the mall today is looking rather tempting simply so I can go somewhere with A/C! We're not even getting a break at night anymore... its still supposed to be in the mid 70s at night! They are saying that Monday will be a lot cooler... but sadly it looks like the temperatures will just shoot right back up again! I'm really hoping we get a break from this heat before the real summer heat kicks in. It was so hot yesterday I let Eirik hang out in a tee shirt and his diaper. A bonus for cloth diapering... i can coordinate colors to match what he wears. =)

IMG_2328

The tee shirt says Junior Jedi... a gift from my mom. =)

2 comments:

  1. Aw, looks at that big smile! :)

    I'm so glad to hear that the mastitis is clearing up! Good work on the weight loss, mama - that's impressive! As I get huger and huger, I'm definitely interested in the physical aspects of pregnancy post-birth. I want to hear all about the saggy skin and how long it takes to whip back into shape! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the weight loss girl! I've always heard that the 1 lb per week goal is the one to head for since it usually means weight that will stay gone. Happy you are feeling better, GL with the nursing positions..hope they go well! I don't have many skills in that area yet =)

    ReplyDelete