Saturday, June 26, 2010

First Week is OVER!

Yes, thats right, I have made it through week one back at work! Monday was by FAR the hardest day. It did get a little easier every day however. I discovered its MUCH easier to leave when he's asleep. On Thursday and Friday I had to leave him wide awake, grinning, and happy. Its SO hard to leave when he sits there and gives you that big huge smile! My job is pretty hectic at the moment so I am keeping pretty busy which helps a lot. The more downtime I have the more time I have to miss him! It helps that I get picture messages all day from my husband!

So far I have learned that my theoretical morning schedule has been tossed out the window! Its hit or miss as to when he wakes up. Sometimes hes up at 5:15 wanting to eat so of course he doesn't want to eat again before I leave and other mornings he sleeps till 6:30! I have however managed to get myself out of the house every morning by 6:50. I really don't have a set start work time, but I like to try and get there by 7:15, especially since I am taking pumping breaks 3X a day. I am going to talk to the IT guy Monday about setting up a computer so I can do some work while I pump! I have kept up doing an extra morning pumping session to stockpile milk. I have been doing that hands free so I can do other things at once! I think i have a pretty good general "routine" down in the morning now. Its not perfect, and it changes, but it works!

The biggest shock for me was how exhausted I was! Last night I didn't even attempt to do anything... I passed out on the couch at about 8:45! The worst days are Monday and Wednesday because I have to go pick him up. Typically I don't get home till 6:30 or 7... and then by the time i've eaten dinner, played with him, given him a bath, and gotten stuff ready for work the next day its 10! I'm sure as time goes by our routine will get better... but geeze... i am glad its the weekend!


Last night Eirik got something in his eyes... we still have NO clue what or where it came from. He was hysterical! We ended up giving him a bath and then I even changed and took a shower because we just could not figure out what was wrong. His eye was so red and puffy and watery! For a while there I was worried we'd be taking him to the patient first down the road, but thankfully he settled down and today his eye looks fine. I don't know if its something I got on me at work or if he got something on him at the park (my husband took him out to a local park) or if it was just something random in the house! Poor little guy was NOT a happy camper!


Tonight my husband and I are going out to dinner for our anniversary. I'm really looking forward to it because we're getting Sushi... Mmm.... =)


And now, more cute baby pictures!! Because I know that's the real reason you all check this blog. ;)


Staring at a toy during tummy time!

IMG_2632


His newest thing... sucking his thumb!
IMG_2655

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed with your routine developed in your very first week back. It's overwhelming for me to think about just yet but I'm not sure I'll be that good in week 1, that's for sure =)

    ReplyDelete