Monday, April 5, 2010

1 week checkup!

Today we had our first real adventure out! Not far, just to the pediatrician. Since Eirik was seen in the NICU they wanted us to go visit the ped ASAP. Of course right before we left he decided he had to eat, making us a smidge late. Then there was all the paperwork to fill out... and how embarrassed was I when I kept trying to write my name on everything?! It didn't help the schools were on spring break so the waiting room was FULL. There I am in my sweatpants and nursing shirt trying not to look too exhausted and self conscious.

The nurse took all his measurements. This little guy does not like being naked! His height was 22 and weight was 9lb 9oz. Of course after all that he was still hysterical so I did the only thing I could think of at the moment to calm him down: feed. Of course as soon as he latches on the door open and the doctor comes in. I think he was more uncomfortable then I was, so he said he'd come back in a few minutes. Go figure! He came back and looked Eirik over and announced everything looked great. He actually thanked me for breastfeeding! I guess a lot of parents don't. No signs of jaundice, everything looks great, come back next month!

Of course being outside today was just a tease. The weather where we are is unseasonably warm at the moment. The usual temperature is in the 60s and today its been almost 80! Outside its so beautiful and here I am, stuck in the house with limited mobility. It wouldn't be so bad if I could at least make it up and down the stairs... but I can hardly make it up and down by  myself so there is no way I could carrying Eirik! Anyway, no more then twice a day up and down... doctors orders!

My husband is off teaching tonight: its the day of the week he has the most lessons. Eirik and I have spent the evening laying on the bed while I caught up on some TV shows on Hulu. Its strange being alone with Eirik. I have my routine and am so used to doing things one way, and now I have to think of everything before hand and make sure he's okay. I originally had him laying in his cosleeper in the other room while I used my main computer, but I realized i'd rather be cuddling with him, so off to the bedroom we moved.

Sleep last night was actually a bit better! He slept from 10pm to 12:30! I woke up thinking something had to be wrong because he hadn't woken up yet. Of course the rest of the night was a similar pattern to the previous two: eat, burp, sleep for about 30 - 40 minutes, repeat. I don't mind the waking up and feeding, i just wish I had more then 45 minutes or so to sleep between them!

No comments:

Post a Comment