Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One Month!

IMG_1278

IMG_1289

My little boy is getting so big!! Developmentally he really has changed this past week. He's gone from eat, sleep, poop to actually interacting with us! He smiles and grins and coos! The cooing has really picked up the past day or two. Even my mom commented on how when they first got here he didn't do it and now he does it all the time. I have to say I'm LOVING this phase! At first I really was in survival mode but now I can really start to play with him. Its so wonderful to talk and grin at him and get a real response!

I'm pretty sure today he's going through a growth spurt. Since last night he's been very fussy and wanting to eat almost every 20 - 30 minutes. Needless to say its been quite exhausting... even his swing which he loves isn't doing the trick! It'll keep him quiet for a while, but it doesn't put him into a deep sleep. His stuffiness is MUCH better though. We ran a humidifier in our room last night which I think helped too.

I also am proud to say I am getting the hang of nursing in public. Yesterday I nursed in Starbucks at the mall! I was so proud of myself. My mom asked if I was okay or wanted to move and I just shrugged and said we were in as good a place as any. I don't think most people realized what was going on anyway. I think its good me getting out with my parents and doing things because its forcing me to nurse in public, something I was nervous about. By the time they leave i'm gonna be a pro at it!

I also have to add here that breastfeeding is 100X better. My nipples are still a bit sore at times, but his latch is getting better and i'm no where near as sore as I was. He also seems to be eating quicker and more efficiently. I have to admit those first weeks were really trying and at times I wanted to give up but now things are going great!

Now off to do more adventures. Today's shopping agenda: New shoes. I totally stretched mine out thanks to my swollen feet! Ack!

4 comments:

  1. What?? How has it been a month already??? He's getting so big - what a cutie pie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has changed so much already!!! Thanks for posting pictures, he's such a QT =) Happy you are getting out and about and breast feeding is easier now. Hope you find some great new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at your little man!! So cute!!! It is so great to see pictures! I am glad to hear things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little guy is adorable! I'm so glad the nursing is going well Emma and that you are getting the hang of doing it in public. That is a big victory! YAY!

    ReplyDelete