Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Heat Wave!

We are in the middle of a bazzar april heat wave. Maryland has weird weather to begin with, but this is just downright strange! I can not remember the last time it was this hot for my birthday. Usually its warm and nice enough to be outside, but sweltering hot? Nope! Average weather for this time of year is mid 60s or so, low 70s maybe. How hot is it today? 90! 90 degrees! As if that isn't bad enough I have NO AC and am stuck upstairs due to the fact that is the ONLY bathroom in the house! Needless to say I have fans going full blast and am sitting in front of them. Of course I really feel bad for Eirik... i can't tell if he's too hot or not! He's not really fussing... and they say keep one more layer on him then you have on. However when I have on as little as possible what does that mean he should have on?? Thankfully there is a storm system coming through tomorrow to cool everything off.

Just when I think maybe Eirik has developed some sort of awake/asleep pattern he goes and changes it on me. The past few days he's been taking 2 really long afternoon/evening naps. So, my plan has been to go to sleep when he settles down for one of his long naps... however today he has yet to take a long nap since about lunchtime! He's been pretty much awake and eating all evening long. He took a few short naps, but nothing significant. Back to square one! Maybe this means he'll sleep better tonight? I can hope right!

Finally here is a photo I took this afternoon while he was wide awake!

IMG_1114

1 comment: