Monday, April 19, 2010

Out and About!

I finally made it out today to do something!! It was so wonderful!! It wasn't exactly an exciting one, but its the first time since Eirik was born that i've done something other then be in the house and go to the midwife!

We actually did go to the birthing center today. They do free lactation consultants and Eirik is still having some latch issues. He's getting better slowly, but still not perfect. So we decided today to stop by and get a free consultation. I have to say, it was great! The woman was so helpful and quickly adjusted his latch! His latch wasn't deep enough which was causing him to spill milk and probably not eat as well. I'm hoping that the new latch will help with his fussiness. The hold is also MUCH more comfortable then the one I had been doing. She also sized me for a bra. I found out that while I had purchased the correct size bra, the next size up was MUCH more comfortable. So, I now have another really well fitting nursing bra!

Afterwards we went to Trader Joes to get some groceries... and this time I made it in the store! We're going to have to get the babywearing thing down however. Scott had to carry the carseat around the store while I pushed the cart... not the easiest thing to do. So, tonight we are having more time in the carrier so he and I can both get used to it so next time we go out he can simply go in there. But, I digress. It was so nice to be out and walk through the store and do SOMETHING! It wasn't a long outing, but refreshing. Tomorrow I think we're going to do Target!

Now I am off to wake up my zonked out baby because he needs to eat.  He may not think he does, but my body tells me otherwise. =)

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! It must have felt great to get out =) Happy the lactation consultants were helpful too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the big outing! What a huge accomplishment girlie! I am so glad you were able to get some face time with the lactation consultant.

    PS - hope your parents make it here soon!!!

    ReplyDelete