Friday, April 16, 2010

A Little Too Optimistic...

So my last post was just a little too optimistic... of course!

Eirik has his first diaper rash, which means back to disposables. Most of the diaper rash creams are not good to use with cloth diapers because they build up a residue. So, until he gets better, we're going to be using disposables. I did find a review of a cream online I am going to buy because its supposedly awesome and good for cloth!

While carrying Eirik around yesterday was great my body is really not up to it yet. I am feeling sore today, so no more carrying today. I'm trying to get him adjusted to it. He likes it, but yesterday when he woke up and realized he couldn't move around he was NOT a happy camper.

Then there is the fact that I am catching my husbands cold. I had hoped and hoped with all my might that I would avoid it, but no such luck. Last night the sore throat started. I am sucking on zinc losenges and drinking tons of water in hopes that this thing will stay away. Usually I go for the airborne but I'm not sure about taking that while breastfeeding.

And last night Eirik had a fussy night. I think he must be having another growth spurt today because all he's really wanted to do is eat and eat and eat. I have him in the swing right now (we discovered this morning he loves it!) but he's not really asleep. He's kind of tolerating it while I take a little break to eat, drink, and use the bathroom.

And, most disappointingly, my parents flight was again canceled! The volcano seems to be getting worse instead of better! We are hoping they make it here Sunday or Monday... but we just don't know at this point!

Its just one of those days...

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you're having a hard day! Hope Eirik's tushy gets better and your parents are able to get here soon =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry as well that today was not an easy day for you. I hope that you can still fight off the cold & that Eirik has a better night tonight. I am sorry that your parents flight was cancelled again... hopefully they will be able to be with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks about your parents! How crazy is that ash? Nothing is leaving Europe hardly at all these days, what unfortunate timing for you! I hope you can fight off that cold and that little Eirik's tush gives you a break! ;)

    ReplyDelete