Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bigger and Smaller

So I decided that I am going to start keeping better track of my baby weight loss. I told myself I wasn't going to do any serious dieting or exercise until at least 6 weeks (thanks to the c-section the exercise thing is definately out) but I am curious to see how I am doing. I am embarrased to admit I gained a LOT more this pregnancy then I wanted to... however it wasn't because I ate horrible food. In fact I tried all sorts of different eating habits and nothing seemed to change how much or little I gained. In the 1T I had to eat almost 24/ or else I felt sick, and then in the 2T and most of the 3T I was hungry all the time. I tried to eat healthy foods, but still, at my 42 week appointment I was up 53lbs. Yes, 53. Not a number I am proud of, but it is what it is. My last weight was at 234 and I started out this pregnancy weighing 180. 

As of this morning I am 198! So, while I still have quite a way to go, I am happy that the weight is coming off. Of course I still also have to loose the 15lbs I gained while trying to get pregnant so that puts my total current weight loss goal at 30lbs. Honestly I'm okay with this. I know I still have quite a way to go, but its only been 4 weeks so I am not stressing about anything yet. Now if in 4 or 5 months I still have this much weight to loose its gonna be another story! Hopefully in 2 weeks I will get the OK to start exercising again and then I will get back into tracking my food and get the rest of this baby weight gone!

So while I am getting smaller my little man is getting bigger! Today I pulled out the 3 - 6 month clothes and began to wash them because his 0 - 3 months are just getting smaller and smaller. He's getting so big so quickly!!! I just want to stop him from getting bigger. I was looking at a picture of him in the hospital and I can see how chubby his face is getting!! Everyone told me they'd get big really quick but sometimes I feel like every morning he wakes up and looks bigger!

Now I have to go get things ready... my parents are actually coming today! Their flight is in the air! I'm so excited. =)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that your parents are finally able to make it!! YEAH!!

    I look forward to seeing pictures as your little man grows!! GL to you with losing the weight! It will happen in time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPPY!!!! Your parents are finally making it =) I'm sure you'll have a great visit.

    Nice job on the weight loss, seems like it's coming off as fast as you could hope for!

    ReplyDelete