Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

IMG_1067

Full day number 2 at home and I am doing MUCH better. Last night I went downstairs and watched a movie while eating dinner. It was a nice change. Night number 2 of breastfeeding went much like night number 1, with the exception that I am getting more used to the little 20 minute stretches of sleep every 30 - 40 minutes. i keep telling myself this will get easier soon... it hasn't been that long and my milk is just coming in. So far today I feel like all I have done is nurse! I did go downstairs and put a chicken in the crock pot for dinner as well as eat lunch before returning back upstairs. I then had a shower which made me feel 100X better! Nothing like a shower to make you feel like a new person. I'm starting to generally have more energy and feel more like myself except I can't do much... which is really frustrating for me.

My deflated balloon stomach keeps deflating leaving me more and more disgusted with it. I know it will go away over time...  but at the moment I have so much saggy skin it makes me cringe! Again, i have to keep reminding myself its only been a week and every day it does look a bit better then the day before!

Tomorrow we have our first visit to the pediatrician! The only thing I have that fits currently is a pair of sweat pants some oversized tee shirts... should be an interesting visit!

5 comments:

  1. Awww, love his hat! Happy you are starting to get around a lot better and in general feel better all the time. Can't wait to read how the ped appointment goes tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hat is adorable!!!! I'm glad things are starting to fall into place - you're doing pretty dang good for being 1 week post partum! Plus, anyone who judges a woman who is 1 week post birth on her choice of clothing attire is a plain a-hole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his Easter outfit!! That hat is just too flipping cute!! :) I hope the 1st ped appt goes well tomorrow and glad you're felling better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Too cute! And girl, I am still working on this pot belly. Plus, the oh so lovely stretch marks as well. It takes time! My mom asked the nurse while we were in the hospital, and she said "Well, it took her 9 months to get it that size, it may take 9 to get it back down". As if!! The horror!

    ReplyDelete