Thursday, April 15, 2010

Babywearing and Cloth Diapers!

We have successfully done a day of cloth diapering! I will admit last night overnight we did use disposables because my husband hadn't done any cloth yet, but as of today we are fully cloth! That does mean we'll have to do laundry tomorrow so we have enough diapers. I have to say, its so easy! You do have to change them more often because unlike disposables they don't really pull the moisture away the same. But, we change him every time he eats anyway, which is about every 2 - 3 hours. We'll see how things go, but hes not complaining! The prefolds are easier then I imagined!!

We also attempted baby wearing today. Eirik has decided he wants to be extra clingy now, so he really only sleeps well on me. Thats nice for a while, but laying around with a baby on you all day and trying to do everything with one hand gets difficult quickly. So, today I pulled out my mei tai wrap! I got it online from a wonderful person who makes them ( http://www.piggysack.com/ ). Well, I shoved him in and he was happy as a clam! Well, until he got hungry.  But as I type this he's zonked out fast asleep in there again and I can actually get some cleaning done!

And finally on a rather disappointing note my parents flight today got canceled. Why? A huge volcano went off in Iceland causing all airports in the UK to close. Of all t he weird freak of nature things to happen... a volcano! So, they are coming Saturday instead. I'm disappointed, but it gives me a few more days of recovery!

Finally, me wearing the mei tai wrap!

IMG_1151

2 comments:

  1. Lookin good girl! Happy the cloth diapering and baby wearing are both going well =)

    That is so weird about the volcano...hopefully your parents make it in without any further delays!

    ReplyDelete