Monday, April 26, 2010

A Real Day Out!

So first off, my parents are here! YAY! Its so wonderful to have help! I hadn't realized how wonderful it is to just have someone else hold him for a while!!

Yesterday I actually went out! As in, out out! Originally it started as a trip to Target so my parents could get a few things. Well, we were doing good and decided to go out to Trader Joes grocery shopping and then went to get some coffee and relax. I actually was out and about with him for a good 5 hours. It was so wonderful to be out of the house doing normal things! I felt wonderful! And he did great! I used my carrier and popped him inside and he was happy as a clam! We had a little fussing at Target originally but after walking at a faster pace he drifted off to sleep. It was so wonderful!

His congestion seems to be better in the day and then horrible at night. Overnight last night the only way he would sleep was propped up on my arm, which isn't very comfortable around my incision area for long periods of time. So, today we are going to get a humidifier to see if that helps keep him unclogged at night. His sleeping was all sorts of weird yesterday. He actually crashed and was asleep from about 9 to 11:30 so i got a few good hours, but after that he didn't sleep well all night. Yesterday afternoon however he was totally out for about 5 hours!! If only he could do that overnight I would be in heaven. I actually had to wake him up to feed him because I was uncomfortable!

And, my baby is one month old today! AH! How did that happen??? It doesn't seem like its been a month!! I promise to post a 1 month photo later today. Now I am off to eat breakfast before he wants to eat breakfast! Or second breakfast at this point. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad your parents were finally able to make it in safely. And holy cow...I can't believe it's already been a month since you had him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOO-HOOO for a nice day out with your parents and Eirik!!! Did you try that inverted sleep pillow for his breathing yet? Sounds like that with the humidifier might be your way to freedom =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting out of the house! That's the only thing that kept me sane when my daughter was a newborn, and I plan on making it a priority when baby #2 arrives as well.

    Sorry to hear about your son's allgeries and congestion. It's very likely that he may have an allergy to cats and pet dander. I would definitely bring him to an allergist and rule that out; you wouldn't want the poor kid to suffer needlessly. Hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for a fun day out with your parents & Eirik. I can not believe he is a month old already. Wow! How time flies!! I hope the humidifier will help Eirik's congestion.

    ReplyDelete