Sunday, August 29, 2010

5 months!

My little man just keeps getting bigger! It never ceases to amaze me how much they change so quickly... sometimes literally overnight! Right now he is at this stage where I can see him trying to figure out how to do so many different things! I can tell that sometime soon he's going to have one of those weeks where he learns how to do a bunch of stuff at once!

The biggest thing he can do now is sit on his own with no problem. I don't really fear him topping over anymore. I do put pillows down around him, but the reason he falls over now is because he wants to get something and can't reach it. He looks for toys when he drops them and attempts to reach and grab them. I don't quite know when he started doing this... it was one of those things I just suddenly noticed! He is also really good at standing! He hasn't pulled himself up yet, but now when he stands he just clings to my hands instead of having me support him! Yesterday he was trying to be sneaky and only hold on to one of my hands! I think he thinks he has better balance then he does! Also he's making some serious moves towards crawling soon. He can scoot himself backwards pretty well, but he wants to go forwards. He can get himself on all fours for a few seconds now and does this little wiggle worm thing where he puts his butt up, then drops it, then puts his hands forward. I can see him trying to figure it out!

The other really neat thing is in the past month his sense of humor has started to develop! Before he would laugh if I ticked him, but now he laughs at other things. Its the best noise in the world! He'll play peek a boo and finds it hysterical when we pant like a dog at him. Its fun trying to find new ways to make him squeal with laughter! He is still overall a pretty relaxed baby unless he's tired or really hungry. The teething is making him a bit grumpier at times... but nothing too horrible.

Speaking of teething, no teeth yet! i feel like there should be based on all the drooling, fussing, and gnawing... but nope, nothing! Teething tablets have been a lifesaver I have to say!

We are getting better with sleeping, which is great for me. Its still hit or miss... but some days he'll sleep 6 - 8 hour stretches! Other nights however he's still up every 3 or 4 hours. He's also doing a lot better with naps. We cut out the swing so for a while his naps were short and getting him down was a huge fight! Well, yesterday he took a 2 1/2 hour nap upstairs in his cosleeper! It was awesome!

I realized I haven't talked much about breastfeeding recently because honestly its going really smoothly at the moment! I'm still pumping at work and am making more then enough for him... i end up freezing about 20oz a week. My freezer is quickly becoming filled! Hes starting to go longer stretches between feedings which is nice for me. I honestly don't keep track of when I feed him at night or on the weekends. I probably should... but I have always been horrible about keeping track of that stuff! And he's growing, so thats what matters right?

Speaking of growing this weekend we moved him up to 18month clothes! Yes, you read that correctly people! His 12 month clothes were starting to get snug, especially when it came to one piece things. Pants he can still do 12 months because they are super long. I'm not sure what his weight is, but he is going in on Tuesday for shots so we'll find out then.

And finally, pictures of him from this morning playing with a sippy cup! He is really starting to show an interest in food so I decided I'd get him a sippy cup and just let him fool around with it and see what he thought. I know it looks like he's drinking out of it, but in reality he is just gnawing on the spout.


IMG_3783


IMG_3788

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! 18 month clothes? That is insane!! K is still in 0-3 month stuff, she's almost 4 weeks and I could still stuff her into newborn clothes. I need to take feeding tips from you!

    By the way, Eirik is seriously cute. The top pic is by far my favorite yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute!! My poor little skinny minnie is finally almost too big for most of his newborn stuff but the 0-3 still swallows him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at your little giant!! I can't believe he can do SO much, it is so impressive!! I know many 9-10 month olds who can't do half as much:) I'm glad you are having so much fun with him.

    ReplyDelete