Monday, August 30, 2010

More Cloth Diaper Fun!

As promised, more cloth diaper reviews!!

Fist off we have DreamEze All In One:

IMG_3771

These actually have been discontinued since I purchased them. The biggest thing I like about these diapers is the fact that they are trim as you can see! They fit him REALLY well. Also its an all in one diaper... no stuffing! That being said they are not one of my favorite diapers for two reasons. First is the side snaps... which I find a pain in the butt. Secondly is the way the insert is. You can't see it from the picture, but if you go here you can see what they look like inside. Its kinda a pain to put on sometimes. They are pretty absorbant however and we've never had leaks, even overnight! My husband HATES these diapers, but i am just so so on them. Overall I give them a 7 out of 10!

Next is the Gro Baby Diaper.

IMG_3718

Technically these were discontinued as well, but in reality the name just changed to GroVia. Its pretty much the exact same thing, different name. Confusing huh? Anyway, these are a system very similar to the flip with an insert that snaps in and pulls out so that you don't have to change the shell every time! The idea is you buy a few shells and lots of inserts. Overall I like these a LOT better then the flip! The insert snaps into place so not as much shifting goes on! I also love the adorable patterns that the diapers come in. Its so hard to find cute patterns! Another bonus is the hook and loop closing (AKA Velcro) is pretty neat. It doesn't seem to have a lot of the issues my other diapers have with wear and tear! So far i'm impressed! My biggest complaint with these diapers is that, like the flip, sometimes the poop doesn't stay on the insert... so in my experience you end up changing the shell when you change the insert. Maybe this will change as he gets older? We'll see. Overall an 8 out of 10!

And lastly we have the BumGenius 4.0!

IMG_3768

I LOVE my BumGenius 3.0's! They are one of my favorite overnight diapers! When the 4.0's came out I allowed myself to buy 2 because I had a credit with the woman who I buy my diapers from. I have to say I was NOT disappointed! I went for snaps because honestly the hook and loop closings just don't last as long. The diaper itself seems to fit better then the 3.0's did. I LOVE the snaps too. They are a lot like the flip. Another thing that has changed is the back section stays down! With the 3.0s I noticed that sometimes the little back flap of fabric had a tendancy to fold outwards however I have not had that problem with the 4.0's! Overall I LOVE these diapers! =) I give them a 9.5 out of 10! Only reason its just a 9.5 is stuffability. They are easy to stuff, but not as easy as other diapers.

And finally, a detergent review! I've been having some smell issues for a while now and thought it was my washing method. Nope, it was my detergent! We've been using rockin green hard rock and its amazing. I highly recommend it to those using cloth diapers! My diapers smell clean when they come out of the wash now and don't stink horribly when they are dirty!

Stay tuned because in another month or two I'll have some more diapers to review! I have some large sized all in ones that he will fit into shortly. I swear I don't have a cloth diaper addiction... honestly!

2 comments: