Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sleeping Update!

First off it makes me feel good to know I'm not the only one still sporting maternity pants! =) I actually tried on a pair of pants today and they are SO SO close to fitting! It was really exciting for me. I think however I am being ambitious to think i am going to get back into pants I haven't fit since I was in college!

I have to say things are actually going pretty well without the swing! He is napping less in the day but doing FAR better at night! 3 out of the past 4 nights he only woke up once! Yes folks, i'm getting SLEEP! He seems to be going down about 7:30 or 8 and sleeping until about 1:30 or 2. He then is waking up again about 5:30 or 6 and then taking another short cat nap until about 7. Since my alarm goes off at 5:30 every morning this means I am only getting up to feed him once a night!

Naps in the day are going well. At first he was taking lots of short 20 - 30 minute naps, but my husband said today he did an hour nap and a 45 minute nap, which is awesome. He still needs to be physically helped to sleep... either nursing, eating, cuddling, or rhythmic sushing... but we're getting better!

Do I regret using the swing? Nope... but I think I was relying on it a bit too much. However I have to admit during those first few weeks when sometimes it was the only way for him to sleep at night it was a lifesaver! My sanity was close to breaking sometimes! I'm hoping this sleeping at night trend will continue. Fingers crossed... =) 

3 comments:

  1. WOO-HOO for sleep! It's not over rated =) Love your new background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new background! So cute = ) And that is awesome about getting more sleep!! I hope it continues as well!!

    ReplyDelete