Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Good, The Bad, and The Meh - Round 2!

Yes folks, another round of the good, the bad, and the meh! Its been a few months and there are some things that have been wonderful, some things that have been awful, and some things that are just so so or its to soon to tell!

The good:

The jumparoo - he LOVES this. If we would let him I think he would spend hours in there! Sometimes I don't even fully get him in before he's jumping away! A lifesaver for those moments when you have to do something!

Toys that crinkle - if it crinkles, he likes it. He has a block that crinkles which is currently his favorite toy! He enjoys rattles too... but crinkles win over rattles any day of the week!

Pack and Play - At first I never thought i'd use this but now we use it EVERY day. Its way to hot upstairs for Eirik to nap in his crib so he takes his naps downstairs in the pack and play! Its awesome! And then when I go somewhere and need to have somewhere for him to nap... pack and play it is!

Rockin Green Laundry Detergent - we've been having some smell issues and leak issues with my cloth diapers... it was driving me batty! Rockin Green has helped with both! Smells are gone, leaks are gone! Its AMAZING!

Ergo - I LOVE my ergo. I got it for a great price from a daily steal site... and it was worth every penny I paid! I can walk for ages in it with Eirik and it doesn't hurt my back! Eirik loves it too. He falls asleep in there all the time! 

Bumbo - he really enjoys the bumbo right now!! I really wish it had a tray so his toys would stay in front of him though! However at this point he's going to grow out of it soon so I'll just have to live without the tray.

The Bad:

Huggies wipes... got them on sale one week and will NEVER buy them again! They stuck to each other and then were like using a paper towel and left little bits of wipe over Eirik... not good!


The Meh:

Thirsties Duo Diapers - Okay... i LOVE these diapers... but i hate their velcro! I have had them less time then my BumGenius 3.0 and already the velcro on the thirsties is going! Its so frustrating!! The diapers fit well, they have the awesome insert... but this velcro thing is just blah! I'm going to have to look into a replacement velcro kit for them soon!

Pacifiers - So I put this under the meh category. Eirik is only ho hum about pacifiers... they are more a lifesaver for me. He is one of those "i need to suck on something to sleep" babies so its either a pacifier or him attached to my boob to sleep. Honestly he only takes his pacifiers for sleeping... sometimes it'll help calm him down but he tends to projectile spit them across the room or pull them out of his mouth and gnaw on them!

Crib - yes folks, thats right, Eirik has yet to actually use his crib. Its currently being used as storage for all the crap that needs to get organized in his room. My goal this weekend is to clean out said crib and his room so he can start trying to nap up there once it cools off a bit... we'll see what happens...


So... not much bad at the moment! Nothing we've gotten or used except for those wipes has been horrible or not used at all! A large part of this is because I am borrowing a lot of stuff from my friend!

Stay tuned because this weekend we're doing another cloth diaper review !

2 comments:

  1. That all sounds pretty darn good! How annoying about both the wipes and the thirsties though!! What type of Jumparoo do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the fisher price rainforest jumparoo... borrowed from my friend! =)

    ReplyDelete