Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Confessions...

I have a confession to make... and I'm almost embarrassed to make it. I am still wearing my maternity pants. Yes thats right folks, at 4 1/2 months post partum I still wear those lovely any trimester pants with the stretchy waist. The other weekend I decided to pull down my pre pregnancy clothing in hopes of finding a larger variety of clothes to wear. I am about 4lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight so I thought "something has to fit!" Oh how optimistic I was as I pulled out my clothing. I started with the pants figuring that one pair had to fit... just one. Nope, nadda. I got 2 pairs on and zipped... and then had to quickly take them off again before a button flew across the room! Next I tried on shirts. I figured at least some of my old shirts had to fit! Thank you breastfeeding for making me go from a 36C to a 36DD! Needless to say nothing fits. I have 2 huge rubbermaid bins in my room of clothes and NONE of it fits.

Now I did go to try and find some more clothes in a larger size. Not a ton, i just wanted a pair of jeans and a pair of black pants. Something I could wear to work as well as out. Well since its summer pants are almost impossible to find... and as I am hoping to get myself back into some of my pre-pregnancy clothing I didn't want to spend a small fortune on pants for this weird in between size. After hunting through various stores and trying on various pants (none of which fit much to my dismay) I gave up.

I'm beginning to accept that some of these clothes will never fit me again and I just need to donate them to goodwill. Even if I do get my weight down I have a feeling some things (like my lovely squishy stomach) are here to stay... and I am starting to become okay with that. However I am still in the frame of mind where I refuse to go and spend a ton of money on pants... so until I can find some amazing clearance deals or fit into my old pants the maternity pants will stay part of my wardrobe!

4 comments:

  1. Hey lady -- I'm 8 1/2 months post partum and I still wear my mat. capri's and shorts :)

    I think it's very true that our bodies will never be the same! But kudos to you for being so close to your prepreggo weight - I still have 10 lbs to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pre-preggo shirts fit but pants are another story. A couple pair fit but that's it. I wonder if hips just take a while to narrow or if they ever will. I'd started thinking about going shopping too =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would wait a bit longer before giving things away, I have heard it really takes about a year for the body to get back to where it was, even if you lose the weight relatively quickly:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh*
    I know you read my post from yesterday so I understand where you are coming from.
    I know that it's hard, especially 4 months out. I just have to believe that once stuff starts shrinking (it has to, right??? right???) that things will begin to fit again. I'm heartbroken thinking that I might never get my squishy stomach back into some of my favorite work duds. I *loved* my clothes. *Loved* them. I know that I'll never be able to afford to amass such a wardrobe again and if I can't wear my stuff, it will be so sad.

    I hope that you are able to find some transitional items that you can live with. And the fall lines will be coming out soon, but unfortunately they won't be on sale for a little while. Do you like Limited pants? I get coupons emailed to me all the time for 30, 40, 50% off ... and they have *great* sales on their pants on-line. I would regularly get $80 pants for like $15 or $20. The cassidy fit is probably the best for hips (that's what I wear) and their online store carries bigger sizes than the bricks and mortar stores. Plus the stuff washes really well ... 90% of my work wardrobe is from there and I've had it over 3 years.
    Ok, enough of the commercial, LOL.

    ReplyDelete