Sunday, August 1, 2010

An Ode To My Husband

So I don't talk about my husband on here much, mostly because I think he'd rather remain anonymous in the blogger world. He's big in to personal privacy and that sort of thing. Its why I haven't mentioned his name in any shape or form... he's simply referred to as "my husband". Though after reading other blogs I feel like I should give him a nickname. All of you have great little nicknames for your significant other!

My husband comes off as a little bit gruff and almost aggressive looking at first introduction. His natural facial features are very serious and he's a quiet person therefore a lot of people get the wrong impression about him. Heck, when I met him I wasn't sure what to think! However he is one of those guys that may look gruff on the outside but inside he's a huge softie. I discovered this very quickly when I went to his apartment when we were dating and watched him cuddle and coo at his cats. Nothing makes a woman's heart melt like watching him interact with his pets like that! Needless to say he is the exact same way with Eirik. He makes silly faces at Eirik that make him giggle and talks to Eirik in a weird voice. I always knew he would be a good father, but it makes me fall in love with him a little more every time I watch the pair of them interact.

Today's post was inspired by some photos we took yesterday. We never did make it to the swings (we went to a different park) however I did get some adorable photos of them. These are just a few of my favorites.

IMG_3302

IMG_3305

On an unrelated side note I finally used my Ergo yesterday and I am in love!! I still love my piggy sack... but the ergo is SO comfortable for long walks! That thing is going to be getting a lot of use this fall when it cools off enough to take him out walking on a more regular basis!

4 comments:

  1. What a nice post!!! We are so lucky to have great DH's! What great photos of yours with Eirik! I have also heard great things from my SIL about the Ergo. Hope you have a wonderful evening and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just precious pics Emma! I really love the second one - that's a keeper! You should totally frame it for your desk :) :)

    The Mr. is a total gruff personality as well, but a softie when you get to know him ... I can totally see how it would melt your heart to watch your hubby with Eirik :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that pic (2nd one) on flicker and thought about how adorable it is!

    Ok, what's an ergo? B/c I'm hoping to get a piggy sack for my little munchkin but need to know if there is something better out there! Thanks!

    (PS: Email me!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics! M also has a somewhat serious face but Kylie brings out his smiles as much as he brings up hers. Hsppy to hear you love your Ergo. I only have a Bjorn and haven't found it overly comfy =(

    ReplyDelete