Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sickness...

All last week my husband was sick and stupidly I thought "I'm not going to get that". I didn't get my friends horrible cold... Eirik didn't get it either. I thought I was safe. I thought wrong. I've had colds... but nothing like this in ages. This my friends was one of those colds that knocks you off your feet and in to bed... literally! Sunday was spent mainly in bed reading a book while Eirik played with Daddy. I had a fever of 101 on and off all day. Thankfully by yesterday the fever broke and I had some sort of energy but now I am left with a cough... one of those dry hacking coughs that hurts your chest and kills your throat. At this point I have almost no voice. I must sound pretty amusing! At work today I said someones name and it came out more like "dad" then "dan". I am keeping everything crossed that the little man doesn't get this horrible illness!

Speaking of the little man he went for his 5 month shots today. They didn't weigh him, but I weighed him at home over the weekend and he clocked in at 21lbs! Not shocking considering at his 4 month appointment he was 18.9lbs. I'm gonna have some nice biceps from carrying him around the house!

So now I am off to bed. Here's hoping that a good nights sleep will be had by all...

4 comments:

  1. Aw hun. I'm so sorry you were so sick :( I hope you feel better soon and that Eirik doesn't get the funk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you've been so sick! Happy it's starting to clear up. I bet Kylie will be up there with Eirik on weight...we'll be so buff =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO sorry you are sick!! I hope you are feeling better soon and that Eirik stays nice and healthy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you are sick! There is nothing worse!

    Hope you are already feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete