Friday, August 6, 2010

Random Thoughts For the Week

A random thoughts blog post! its been a crazy week for me and that means that I haven't really posted any updates or pictures! Bad Mommy! As much as I know all of you enjoy these things, this blog really is my baby journal... its why I try to update with even the most mundane dull updates on a regular basis. I am horrible about writing in a personal journal, but knowing there are people out there who read this motivates me to update this blog on a regular basis!

Eirik is well on his way to becoming a mobile baby. He can scoot himself in a circle AND backwards now! Yikes!! Better start getting the babyproofing underway! Thankfully its all scooting in very limited bursts... but I can see its coming! He has suddenly decided he likes jumping. I know I mentioned he loves the jumparoo... well now he tries to do that on your lap! Its cute because he grins while doing it! He has just about outgrown his little baby bath so this weekend we are going to try the big tub! He likes to sit now and the baby bath we have can kind of convert for sitting... so we'll see what happens. It should be an adventure, thats for sure! I'm pretty sure he had a growth spurt the other week becuase his sleeping was horrible but thankfully we are now back to longer stretches. He's still up 3 times a night... midnight, 3,and 5:30... but we are slowly getting better at nursing laying down which means I fall back asleep while he eats.

IMG_3376

Doesn't that face just say "better watch out mommy, i'm gonna be moving soon!"

I've recently been giving some though to this blog. I have to say I have been very good about updates! Normally with blogs and journals I give up pretty quickly, but I realized the other day I have done over 200 posts... and I haven't had this blog for a full year yet! I'm impressed! I also have a small band of followers (some I am sure are more lurkers then commenters, which is OK by me!) but I have started thinking about adding more structure to my blog. I started this blog with 2 main intentions... to keep my family and friends updated on my pregnancy and then on Eirik as he grows but also for myself as a baby journal. However this blog has slowly taken on a third form and that is me throwing out my person views on some topics. I was thinking of maybe having some days set aside for a specific topic... i'm not sure what yet... just throwing out thoughts. I know I started Caturday and have been bad about keeping up... i am going to try and do better with that!

3 comments:

  1. He is so stinkin' cute! Love the pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute photo!!! I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!! (I enjoy reading your posts/blog so I look forward to reading more as you decide how your blog will evolve!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pic! He does seem to be telling you to watch out though ;-) GL with that babyproofing, it sounds like it will be put to the test soon. We've had friends visit with all different age kids and it's shown us what is the most essential to babyproof!

    Your blog structure sounds good, nice work on the 200 posts!

    ReplyDelete