Thursday, July 29, 2010

4 months!

Holy Cow... somehow my little man is 4 months old today!! It really does seem like only yesterday my husband and I bought him home from the hospital and stared at each other going "What do we do with him now...?". We've gone from sleeping most of the day and only waking to eat to playing with toys, giggling, laughing, and trying to crawl! He is really starting to develop his own little personality too! He is a pretty mellow baby, but he gets very frustrated if he can't do something he wants to. for example, he can't crawl so if I put a toy out of his reach he gets angry because he can't reach it. He wants to do what he wants, and if I can't figure out what that is he'll yell at me! Sometimes when he is eating he'll be done with one side and want the other and if I try and reoffer the same side again just to make sure he'll push himself away and go "umm, nope, sorry!".

His new thing today is sleeping on his stomach... yes, he is trying to give mommy a heart attack. It was hot again last night so I put him to sleep in the pack and play. Well, I woke up at 11:30 and saw him laying on his stomach! Of course I jumped off the couch to check him and roll him over... which he didn't like at all! They say that if he rolls himself over in his sleep its fine... so I guess i'll just have to take a deep breath and reassure myself that its him doing it himself so he knows what he likes!

So, official 4 month stats are... 18.9lbs and 26.5 inches! Not the 20lbs I had guessed, but pretty darn close! We didn't see our regular pediatrician because he is on vacation so we saw his sub. She was nice and surprised at how mellow he was. She did want us to come back next month however because apparently his head isn't growing quite as quickly as the rest of him. He had been in the 75% for head circumference and now he is down to 50%. She said it was probably nothing, but she just wanted our normal doctor to check it out. We had to go back at 5 months anyway for shots, so its not a big deal!

I know everyone has a favorite baby stage but so far I have to say I have loved everything! Yes, there have been trying moments... but its so amazing to me watching him grow and develop and learn how to do things. He can change almost overnight! One day he'll topple himself over sitting alone and now he can really sit well and play with things! And, in my humble opinion, he gets cuter ever day. ;) I actually had the nurse at the doctors tell me this today too... so maybe its not just me. I mean, come on, isn't this just an adorable baby...?

IMG_3170

2 comments:

  1. I think he is definitely growing into some serious cuteness. Him and Finnley will be breaking girls's hearts in no time at all... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is an adorable baby, I totally agree =) Happy 4 month b-day Eirik. I didn't realize Kylie is exactly two months younger, how fun. I'm with you, I've loved every minute!

    ReplyDelete