Thursday, July 8, 2010

You'd Better Take Some Chocolate Chips Outside With You...

because you're gonna be baking! My friend at work told me this and it was so cheesy I had to share! Anyone who lives on the east coast has been suffering this lovely heat wave with me. Today is cooler... only 95! I have decided that one of the things that is a must for my next house (if I still live in Maryland that is) is central air!

Last night I think Eirik would have slept through the night if I didn't have to wake him up to eat! He went down about 8:45 or so. I woke up about 1:30 and realized he still hadn't woken up yet to eat. I know the swing tends to help him sleep better however he usually still wakes up by about 1:30 or so because he's hungry. So I got up, turned off the swing, and lay back down figuring he would be awake within the next 20 minutes or so. Typically when the swing goes off after being on a long period of time he'll wake up. Well, imagine my surprise when I woke up again at 3:45!! By this point my boobs felt like rocks and I was leaking everywhere so I had to wake him up to eat and be changed. I haven't been that uncomfortable in a LONG time!

The only other thing I did differently last night was add an extra insert to his diaper! I'm starting to wonder if half the reason he wakes up so much is because he's wet and he doesn't like it! We'll see if we get a repeat when tonight... it should be cool enough for him to sleep upstairs in his cosleeper.


Today's big milestone is that Eirik can sit by himself! Of course he's not upright, he's slouched forward, but he doesn't flop over anymore! Today he was like that for a good minute or so before he started to squirm around and push himself over!

Todays picture is of him in the bath the other night. He really LOVES bath time! We give him one every night, partly because it helps him sleep and partly because he gets so hot and sweaty thanks to this heat wave! He has finally discovered how much fun splashing is... needless to say everything within reach gets soaked!

IMG_2960

4 comments:

  1. OMG, cutest baby ever! Yay for Eirik and his sitting - clearly he's a genius! :)

    And that chocolate chip joke made me chuckle, I'm going to have to steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute picture! It's as if he's saying, "who me? I don't splash" *lol* What a big milestone to be able to sit on his own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that smile = ) I love it!!!

    The chocolate chips comment made me laugh!! I have not heard of that one before!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those cheeks!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete