Sunday, July 18, 2010

Almost 16 weeks!

Where does the time go?? I feel like I am saying this all the time... but my baby will be 4 months old soon!

It seems like in the past week he has suddenly developed in leaps and bounds. His grabbing skills are excellent! We put him on his bumbo next to a box of tissues and next thing I know we had tissues all over the table! This also means my hair, clothes, and glasses are fair game. Needless to say we are being extra careful about what we leave within his grasping reach! He is vocalizing like crazy and just the other day began really blowing rasberries/making wet noises. He also has developed a real sense of humor! At first we discovered he would laugh hysterically when we ticked his stomach but just in the past day or two he'll giggle when we do other things. Its so much fun trying to get him to laugh now! This morning he ALMOST rolled from back to tummy! So close! And sitting up? He's trying so hard! I'll prop him up and he'll try and balance himself and reach for a toy at the same time. Of course I am there for when he topples himself over... but he is trying so hard. He gets angry because he wants things but can't reach them.

He has also discovered... the cats. Whenever one is within his eyesight he stares. Sebastian could care less and just ignores him. Caligula is very passive aggressive... he wants to sit near me but not near Eirik. The second I move Eirik from somewhere Caligula has to go sit there afterward. Jealous much? Hesiod and Laia on the other hand will come up and rub against him in hopes of being pet. Today Hesiod was rubbing his head against Eirik's food enjoying some foot petting!

He went to the doctor last Thursday about his eyes. No infection yet but more eye drops... =( We are also now massaging his tear ducts to help unclog them. He goes back on the 29th for his official 4 month visit but his weight last Thursday was 18lbs! No wonder all those 12 month clothes fit! No clue on his height yet. I told my husband next weekend we are installing the new convertible carseat in my car. His infant seat is only good up to 22lbs... which is rapidly approaching!

And now for your viewing pleasure... Eirik laughing! Yes, that is me trying to get him to laugh and making the silly roaring noise.



and a picture of him staring at his feet. =)

IMG_3079

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I can't believe how big he is! And already in 12 month clothes - that's crazy :) You've got a big, healthy boy!!!

    He's just too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you made my Monday morning with the video. Your roaring made me giggle but hearing him giggle made me SMILE!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute video! He's growing so quick which is great because he's nice and healthy but I know it makes Mom a little sad too. Hope the tear duct massage helps, I can't imagine it's easy...GL!

    ReplyDelete