Thursday, July 1, 2010

3 months!!

I'm a few days overdue... but Eirik is officially 3 months old now! WOW... where did the time go??? It feels like just yesterday he was born! Its so amazing to me just how much he has changed over the past 3 months... the changes are so subtle that you don't even relaize them until after the fact. Long gone are the days of 45 minute nursing sessions every 1 to 2 hours. Now its more like 10 minutes every 3 or 4 hours! He's also started to reach the point where he is distracted by surroundings. When he eats now I have to take my watch off otherwise he plays with it. Also sleeping is getting to the point where he needs to be in a comfey place... he'll still sleep anywhere but not for very long. When I would go out he would always fall asleep in his carrier but now he enjoys just walking around and watching everything around him! He does still fall asleep, but its not instantaneous. I just can't believe how fast my little man is growing up!

The one thing that has been so much harder then I thought was going back to work. While I enjoy the adult interaction in the day I HATE the fact that some nights I hardly get any time with him. On Monday and Wednesday by the time I get to him, feed him, and get him home again we get maybe an hour or so together to reconnect and a lot of that time is him eating or me eating or bath time. Honestly when I get home at night i'd love to do nothing more then lay in bed and cuddle but sadly that doesn't happen. There's cleaning up to do and preparation for the next day and then homework. While I am glad I am finishing my masters part of me wants to just take a break... but I know if I do that i'll never finish. We do still get our cuddle time however... i typically pull him in to bed next to me at about 2 or 3 am so we get a few hours of cuddle time together. Oh how I wish I could quit my job and just work part time a few hours a few days a week...


SANY0041

3 comments:

  1. Holy moly 3 months! Where does the time go?? He's such a cutie, I just want to pinch those cheeks.

    I'm sorry about the work stuff, that's the worst part of all of this. How are we supposed to leave those cute little faces and be OK with it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute and I really love that picture of the two of you :) It's a keeper for sure!!!

    Wow, 3 months? Wow.

    And work? I fear that, just like Lara said, it is the absolute worst part of all of this. I too wish I had the option to stay at home.
    *sigh*
    the plight of a working mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so dang cute Emma! and yes.....it FLIES...sigh

    ReplyDelete