Wednesday, July 28, 2010

You Spin Me Right Round

He may not be able to crawl, but he can spin! Yes, Eirik has found more mobility. This evening he scooted himself in a full circle. Of course that's not what he wanted to do... he wanted to move forward to get the toy in front of him. Unfortunately he hasn't quite figured out how to do that yet. Well, unfortunately for him thankfully for me!

I wish I could report better news sleepwise, but alas last night was just about as bad. A full hour to get him to sleep, then again we were up every 2 hours or so and screamed bloody murder during the middle of the night diaper change! Maybe tonight we'll finally get some sleep!

On a more positive note we are slowly breaking the swing habit. He's been taking at least 1 nap a day in the pack and play and the past 2 nights we've slept upstairs (Thank god for cooler weather!). So... thats at least going well. Now I am working on getting him to fall asleep in his bed rather then nursing/eating... that is NOT going so well. I put him down drowsy and all that happens is he wakes right up and plays with his feet... and then he gets upset and starts screaming.

Tomorrow is his 4 month appointment. 4 months holy cow! When did that happen??

And finally, my cat trying to steal the spotlight away from the baby. Jealous much?

IMG_3194

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 4 months old! Does Eirik like a pacifier at all? I use one to get Kylie to sleep. I let her have it for 10 minutes and then I lay down and try to let her soothe herself. If she gets to a full cry I let her have it again for 10 minutes. When I started I had to give it to her 3-5 times, now most nights it's once or twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has a pacifier... but he's fickle about it. He's not in love with it and sometimes he'll just spit it out and suck on his thumb but sometimes it helps!

    ReplyDelete