Saturday, July 3, 2010

Operation Loose Babyweight Update

So I've been a bit behind in my babyweight loss updates. The good news is the loss is going well! I've been having a steady loss if about 1lb a week... perfectly acceptable for a breastfeeding mom! While my diet may not be perfect, I'm working hard to incorporate more fresh fruits. Thats not difficult in the summer because I crave fruit!

The bad news is that baby stomach just isn't going anywhere. I am going to have to get serious about my ab work! It doesn't help Eirik was so huge... i've got a lot of saggy skin. I know sadly some of that will take time and some of it will never go away... but it also means a lot of my pants still do not fit. Yes folks, i'm still sporting the maternity pants. Those nice any trimester pants with the slightly stretchy waist. I don't wear them all the time... i did go out and buy 2 pairs of pants that were "normal"... however I can not justify spending a ton of money on new pants when I am working hard to loose weight and get back into my old one's!

So, currently we stand with me needing to loose about 6lbs to get back to my pre-preg weight! As for when my pre-preg pants will fit... that's another story!

1 comment:

  1. Go Emma!!! YAY for 1 lb a/week! That is awesome :) :) :) and only 6 lbs to be at pre-pregnancy? That is fantastic!

    I too worry about ever being able to fit into my old clothes again. I feel my pelvis separating so I know that the chances of that going back to normal size are slim to none. Even though I don't think I'll have alot of extra skin (well, at least not yet anyway) I can't imagne how things will fit even 6-9 months postpartum.

    ReplyDelete