Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Versitile Blogger Award!

Yes, i've fallen a smidge behind in my blogging recently. Its a combination of exhaustion and it being WAY to hot where my main computer is. But first, i've been given a blogger award!



For this award, here’s what to do:


1. Thank whoever gave you the award.

I actually got nominated by two people! Caryn and Alley!

 2. Tell 7 things about yourself that readers may not know.

-There is a 10 year age difference between my husband and myself. I am 27, he'll be 37 this month!
- I'm Canadian! (I didn't live there long, but I never got an american citizenship!)
- My entire family, except my brother, lives in England
- I had bells palsy in the 9th grade
- I lived in England for about 8 months when I was 13. I went to school and wore a uniform... with a tie!
- I've dyed my hair purple, blue, and various shades of red and blonde.
- I play the violin and the viola... even though i'm a bit rusty at this point. =)


3. Pay it forward by nominating 10 bloggers you’ve recently discovered.

Well, there will be a lot of overlap here because i know some of the blogs have been nominated already!
peanut noodle
If crossroads
babystribling
Karen's Thoughts
TTC #1


The weather in Maryland at the moment is horrible... hot, sticky, muggy, humid, and generally BLECH. Yesterday it was 105! I can't remember the last time the temperature was so hot. Today the high again is 103 or 104. It really doesn't help that we only have the window unit downstairs. I've been sleeping on the couch and Eirik has been sleeping in his swing. The only slightly nice thing about him sleeping in the swing is he sleeps better! Last night he was only up once!! I think a large part of this is because the swing helps lul him back to sleep when he wakes up but when he's in his cosleeper he wants to eat to get back to sleep. 


Sunday Eirik had his first interaction with a baby close to his age. The baby was 5 months old, so a few months older then Eirik. Its the first time I've actually thought Eirik looked small compared to another baby! It was interesting to see developmentally where Eirik was compared to another baby of a similar age. I know all babies do things in their own time, but it just seemed like Eirik was definitely ahead on some things... like standing. He really supports himself now and can stand for a minute or two! He also can just about sit by himself! Of course he is very slouched forward when he does, but he can sit there and balance without toppling over or forward. My baby is just growing up too quickly!! 


His newest trick is vocalization. He has discovered his voice has various levels and he now screeches and then grins afterward as if to say "look what I did!!". We were waiting to pick up our car last night and he was just squealing away at the top of his lungs. Thankfully no one else was in there waiting because its just a small waiting area and he was very loud. He also really giggles. I still haven't gotten that really good laugh out of him yet, but there are giggles and squealing when I do some things. He likes it when I pretend to bite his stomach and make a silly noise at the same time. I'll have to get my husband to take a video of it because its just adorable! 


And now a picture of Mr. Adorable... 


IMG_2919

3 comments:

  1. I just wish I could come up there and squeeze his adorable little cheeks! He is too flippin' cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome =) I really enjoy your blog! I bet you didn't dye your hair all those colors in England when you were wearing uniform *lol* M and I both had blue mohawks at 13, what are the chances?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the award :)

    Ok, so I'm an idiot because I thought you were British. In fact, I have imagined you with a British accent all of these years.
    *giggle*

    ReplyDelete